Baton Rouge Raceway 2010 Street Stock Rules
The Management of: Baton Rouge Raceway
(1) Chassis: Cars must be 1970 or newer American made with a minimum wheel base of 108". No trucks, convertibles or station wagons. No T top or T top filled roof. Must have a full factory frame No racing or homemade frames. No modifying of frames.
(2) Body: Must be a full factory stock style body . Body Part Replacement panels must retain 3 inches of stock body roll after that you can replace damaged panels to sheet steel or aluminum. Body repair must retain stock look or you will be asked to replace it. Aftermarket nose and tail panels are ok, front and rear of the cars must be closed in to be stock appearing.
Option 2 Aftermarket bodies are ok such as Performance body's or Five star stock car body's, No homemade bodies. Remember this is a stock appearing body class. No exceptions. No fiberglass bodies. Must run front and rear bumper covers.
You must retain the stock firewall and in the stock location. Floorboard must be stock to the front of the rear fender wells. You may enclose the interior with steel or aluminum. Trunk area must be enclosed from the drivers compartment. You may run a 4" rear spoiler with no sail panels.
(3) Steering: Stock and in stock location. OK to run a quick steering unit.
(5) Safety: Minimum 5 point approved racing harness securely mounted to cage. Must have a fire extinguisher within reach of the driver. Must wear a fire proof suit, gloves and foot protection, Must wear a D.O. T. full face helmet and shield. Must have (3) 3/8 steel bars mounted in front of the driver attached to cage or body for driver protection against flying debris.
(6) Seat: Racing aluminum seat only, no fiberglass or stock style bucket seats. Seat must be securely bolted to the roll cage, not the floor.
(7) Roll cage: Full 8 point roll cage is required with a minimum 11/2 o.d. x .095 wall tubing. The cage must consist of the front and rear hoops. Must have x braced behind the driver. Must have 3 bars in driver's door and 2 in passenger side. Roll cage must extend from front of the car to the rear. Standard cage.
Racing shocks ok, 1 shock per wheel in stock location. No coilover or coil over eliminators.
(9) Brakes: Stock, minimum 3 wheel brakes in working order. You may run after market brake pedal and mastercylinder assembly with front and rear brake adjuster.
(10) Wheels and Tires:
(11) Rear End: Stock, or you may run a stock type 9 inch Ford rear end. No floated rear grand national or 3/4 ton style rear ends. Disc brake rear ends are OK
(12) Transmission: Standard or automatic. Standard transmission must have a blow proof bell housing. Automatics must have a scatter shield over the bellhousing. No racing transmissions such as Bert or Brinns, or Jericos or VRT or Falcon.
(13) Clutch: Racing clutch is OK Must be in stock location.
(14) Drive Shaft: Must be steel. No aluminum racing drive shafts. Drive shaft must be painted white.
(15) Starter: All cars must be equipped with a good working starter.
(16) Bumpers: Must be stock style no homemade bumpers and no push bars. No external kick rails outside of body.
(17) Fuel Cell: Fuel cell must be mounted in the trunk area between the frame rails. Fuel cell should be in a 20 gauge steel container with (2) 1/8 x 2" wide straps securely mounted around the tank. No fuel lines running in the driver's compartment. Max fuel cell 32 gallons.
(18) Fuel: Pump gas or racing gas is OK No alcohol, no type of nitrous or fuel octane booster allowed.
(19) Battery: If battery is in driver's compartment, it must be in a leak proof container and strapped down. Location is optional.
(20) Radiator: Racing radiator is OK, (1) radiator only. Must be mounted in the stock location.
(21) Exhaust: Headers OK. Exhaust must be directed away from the driver's compartment.
(22) Engine Location: Engine set back in all street stocks will be a maximum of 1 inch. Camaros will be allowed to run #1 spark plug even with the center of the upper ball joint. Monty Carlo, Malibu, Cutlass, and Regal will be allowed to run the #3 spark plug even with the center of the upper ball joint. No exceptions.
Holley Carburetor (4412) maximum
(24) Engine: There is no vaccum rule or restrictor plate rule.
Cubic inch rule is 362 max. No stroked or destroked engines are allowed. Engine rules are:
Any 4 barrel performance aluminum intake. Roller rockers are OK. 1.5 and 1.6 ratios only. No shaft mounted rocker systems. Camshaft, Flat Tappet only. NO ROLLER CAMS. Standard bore solid lifters, no ceramic or over size lifter or lifter bores. Any 23 degree steel head. No angle milling of heads. Flat top pistons only. Rods 5.7 or 6.0 only. Crank 3.480 or 3.500 stroke only. True roller timing chain and gears are OK. No belt drive or gear drives. Oil pump. Wet sump only. No dry sump. Distributor - (NO Mags). Water Pump. Aluminum or steel is OK.
(25) No 2 way radios or mirrors allowed.
Rouge Raceway will not
tolerate and stretching of these rules.
If you are in doubt about what you are doing, you need to check
with us. Interpreting and
applying rules as you see fit will not be an excuse that if found to be
illegal, you will be disqualified.
© Baton Rouge Raceway,
1998-2009. All rights reserved. Designed and Developed by Internet Advantage
© Baton Rouge Raceway, 1998-2009. All rights reserved.
Designed and Developed by Internet Advantage