(1) Chassis: Cars must be 1970 or newer American made with a minimum wheel base of 108″. No convertibles. No T top or T top filled roof. Must have a full factory frame No racing or homemade frames. No modifying of frames.
(2) Body: Must be a full factory stock style body. Body Part Replacement panels must retain 3 inches of stock body roll after that you can replace damaged panels to sheet steel or aluminum. Body repair must retain stock look or you will be asked to replace it. Aftermarket nose and tail panels are ok, front and rear of the cars must be closed in to be stock appearing.
Option 2 Aftermarket bodies are ok such as Performance bodies or five star stock car bodies, No homemade bodies. Remember this is a stock appearing body class. No exceptions. No fiberglass bodies. Must run front and rear bumper covers.
You must retain the stock firewall and in the stock location. Floorboard must be stock to the front of the rear fender wells. FLOORBOARD AND FIREWALL IN STOCK LOCATION CAN BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED WITH STEEL. You may enclose the interior with steel or aluminum. Trunk area must be enclosed from the driverís compartment. You may run a 4″ rear spoiler with no sail panels.
- All cars must weigh 3,250 lbs after race.
- Cars with GM Crate 602 must weigh 3100 lbs
- All added lead weights in car must be painted white and secured with at least (2) 1/2″ bolts
(4) Safety: Minimum 5 point approved racing harness securely mounted to cage. Must have a fire extinguisher within reach of the driver. Must wear a fire proof suit, gloves and foot protection, Must wear a D.O. T. full face helmet and shield. Must have (3) 3/8 steel bars mounted in front of the driver attached to cage or body for driver protection against flying debris. Drivers side window net is required.
(5) Seat: Racing aluminum seat only, no fiberglass or stock style bucket seats. Seat must be securely bolted to the roll cage, not the floor.
(6) Roll cage: Full 8 point roll cage is required with a minimum 11/2 o.d. x .095 wall tubing. The cage must consist of the front and rear hoops. Must have x braced behind the driver. Must have 3 bars in driverís door and 2 in passenger side. Roll cage must extend from front of the car to the rear. Standard cage.
- Aftermarket upper control arms are ok
- Rear suspension must remain stock and in stock location except pinion angle.
- Must retain all stock lower front control arms.
- Must retain stock rear control arms. Rear control arms must not have multi bolt holes in them or the frame brackets. Remember Stock.
- No suspension bracket add ons such as for a pan hard bar or for rear control arms.
- Weight jacks ok on all 4 wheels.
Racing shocks ok, 1 shock per wheel in stock location. No coil over or coil over eliminators.
Right front may be mounted outboard.
(8) Brakes: Stock, minimum 3 wheel brakes in working order. You may run after market brake pedal and master cylinder assembly with front and rear brake adjuster.
(9) Wheels and Tires:
- You may run a bead lock rim on ALL FOUR WHEELS! .
- Any racing tire or wheel will be accepted.
- 14″ max width.
(10) Rear End: Stock or you may run a stock type 9 inch Ford rear end. Floated rear grand national or 3/4 ton style rear ends. Disc brake rear ends are OK. No wide five hubs
(11) Transmission: Standard or automatic. Standard transmission must have a blow proof bell housing. Automatics must have a scatter shield over the bell housing. (Racing transmissions such as Bert or Brinns, or Jerichoís or VRT or Falcon add 50 lbs in front of fire wall.
(12) Clutch: Racing clutch is OK Must be in stock location.
(13) Drive Shaft: Must be steel. No aluminum racing drive shafts. Drive shaft must be painted white.
(14) Starter: All cars must be equipped with a good working starter.
(15) Bumpers: Must be stock style or homemade round tube bumpers and no push bars. No external kick rails outside of body.
(16) Fuel Cell: Fuel cell must be mounted in the trunk area between the frame rails. Fuel cell should be in a 20 gauge steel container with (2) 1/8 x 2″ wide straps securely mounted around the tank. No fuel lines running in the driverís compartment. Max fuel cell 32 gallons.
(17) Fuel: Pump gas or racing gas is OK No alcohol, no type of nitrous or fuel octane booster allowed.
(18) Battery: If battery is in driverís compartment, it must be in a leak proof container and strapped down. Location is optional.
(19) Radiator: Racing radiator is OK, (1) radiator only. Must be mounted in the stock location.
(20) Exhaust: Headers OK. Exhaust must be directed away from the driverís compartment.
(21) Engine Location: Engine set back in all street stocks will be a maximum of #1 spark plug even with the center of the upper ball joint. No holes in fire wall all holes must be covered.
(22) Carburetor: (1) 4412Holley Carburetor maximum Ventura is1.375 inches. Carburetor adapter, max 1 inch. Will be checked with a GO or NOGO Gauge.
Any 4 barrel performance aluminum intake. Roller rockers are OK. 1.5 and 1.6 ratios only. No shaft mounted rocker systems. Camshaft, Hydraulic or Flat Tappet only. NO ROLLER CAMS. Standard bore solid lifters, no ceramic or over size lifter or lifter bores. Any 23 degree steel head. No angle milling of heads. Flat top pistons only. Rods 5.7 or 6.0 only. True roller timing chain and gears are OK. No belt drive or gear drives. Oil pump. Wet sump only. No dry sump. Any Distributor Ė (NO Magnetos). Water Pump. Aluminum or steel is OK.
(23.1) GM sealed 602 Crate with Holley 4412
(24) No 2 way radios or mirrors allowed.